Case Study: T2 project enhances Oslo Airport’s position
Ideally situated at the heart of Norway, Oslo Airport has always benefited from its strategic location. Not only is it the gateway for all domestic flights across the country, but it also serves as an important conduit for east-west intercontinental air traffic.
Oslo Airport connects to 28 domestic and 115 international destinations, and is the second busiest airport in the Nordic region. It is also aspiring to be among the top ten in Europe. Connected to the city centre by the high-speed Gardermoen Line, the percentage of passengers using public transport to get to (and from) the airport is one of the highest in the world – 70 per cent. However, due to anticipated growth, Oslo had to consider its strategy surrounding future expansion. This was to help it accommodate 28 million passengers annually, with a view to hosting around 35 million travellers in subsequent years. As such, Oslo Airport has made a number of recent investments in its facilities. This culminated with the Terminal 2 (T2) project, through which it aims to meet demand and rapidly ascend the ASQ (airport service quality) rankings table.
The rest of this content is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Eindhoven Airport launches passenger security checkpoint project
- What technology trends should airports look out for in 2019?
- Video: Vanderlande’s new baggage handling approach at Oslo Airport
- Video: Reliable partner for value-added logistic process automation
- The winners of the AOA Annual Awards have been announced