Sustainable smart cities and the power of the IoT
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Posted: 5 May 2020 | TIBCO | No comments yet
A smart city leverages digital technology and the IoT to improve government services, as well as energy, healthcare, traffic, transportation, waste and water management, and more.
The United Nations estimates that 68 per cent of the world’s population will be living in urban areas by 2050. This trend underscores the growing need for smart city solutions that address:
- Increased cost of living
- Urban infrastructure inefficiencies
- Depletion of non-renewable energy sources
- Greater need for public safety
- Decreased quality of life.
This paper presents the intricacies involved in architecting successful smart cities and describes the nuances of sustainable smart city solutions.
Related content from this organisation
- Travel 2021: Three travel technology imperatives with IATA
- Sustainable smart cities and the power of the IoT
- How to streamline operational processes and excel in customer experience: The “Aeroporti di Roma” success story
- On-Demand Webinar – Blockchain: Flying the friendly skies
- Air France-KLM flies high with TIBCO integration
Airport cities, Airport construction and design, Communication Technology, Cyber-security, Information technology (IT), New technologies, Passenger experience and seamless travel, Security, Sensory technology