ACI World develops tools to help passengers travel with confidence
Airports Council International (ACI) World has launched a set of tools which provide passengers with information about the health measures in place at airports around the world.
Launched by Airports Council International (ACI) World, the set of tools ensures passengers can see what measures they can expect when departing, arriving or transiting through airports.
Over 200 airports, representing nearly half of the world’s air traffic, have already provided their information. Passengers and partners can view what facilities are available and what health measures are in place before they commence their journey.
The tools featured on the new website include:
- A mobile app called “Check & Fly” is designed to be a passenger assistant throughout the journey by providing health measures at airports
- A passenger-facing web page where passengers can look up their departure and arrival airports.
- A web portal that allows airports to make updates to their data
- A mobile app, “Airport Check” provides statistics to airports based on the measures implemented globally – these statistics can help airports plan their processes and measures, using industry intelligence.
For application and web developers:
- An Application Programming Interface (API) based on the Aviation Community Recommended Information Services (ACRIS) enabling stakeholders such as airlines and travel agents to use the data.
ACI World Director General, Luis Felipe de Oliveira, said: “Developing and providing tools like those on the Airport Health Measures website, equip travellers with information that enables them to make travel plans with confidence. This is key to the recovery of air travel. ACI is supporting airports with tools and programmes like Airport Health Measures and Airport Health Accreditation to help them demonstrate to passengers, regulators, and governments that they are prioritising health and safety in a measurable, established manner.”
Ian Law, CIO at SFO and Chair of the ACI ACRIS Working Group, added: “The ACI Airport Health Measures initiative exemplifies the power of game-changing, cross-industry technology collaborations. I am proud of the airports and business partners that rose to the challenge in these extraordinary times.”