Whitepaper: TUBTRAX – individual carrier system
TUBTRAX is a high-speed individual carrier system (ICS). Bags loaded in carriers are transported smoothly with high capacity and faultless tracking.
The system is beneficial at every stage of the baggage handling process, from self bag drop at check in to flight make-up for departure, and from arrivals to reclaim.
TUBTRAX’s storage-efficient carriers can handle various sizes of baggage, including regular IATA-sized items, in a mixed flow. Baggage remains safely loaded at all times, while the carrier is transported on the most appropriate technology during each process.
TUBTRAX carriers can: travel seamlessly over lean-design twin belts through Standard two and three screening equipment; be stored in racks or in lanes and be combined with tilt-tray sorters for high-capacity sorting.
To cover long distances, such as inter-terminal connections, carriers can be loaded on high-speed, linear motor-driven BAGTRAX carts. These provide short in-system times and the industry’s highest baggage transport speed of 14 m/s (over 50 km/h).
The rest of this whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Video: Vanderlande’s new baggage handling approach at Oslo Airport
- Video: Reliable partner for value-added logistic process automation
- The winners of the AOA Annual Awards have been announced
- Video: New baggage solutions supplied to Hong Kong International Airport
- Whitepaper: TUBTRAX – individual carrier system