Future-proofing airport worker on-boarding to cope with demand
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Posted: 19 March 2018 | Simon Meyer | Managing Director of Aviation Solutions | Human Recognition Systems | No comments yet
A challenge that many airport pass offices face worldwide is the impact of large new infrastructure projects to address the projected long-term increase in passenger numbers.
Airport pass offices are a fundamental cog in the wheel of an airport’s day to day operations. The pass office team in airports of all sizes have the responsibility to securely on-board every individual that requires access to work in the airport, either on a temporary or permanent basis.
As with passenger numbers, staff working at airports fluctuate according to seasonal demand; and as more and more airports implement major infrastructure projects to cope with the increase in passenger numbers, airport pass offices need to be prepared to cope with the rise in temporary applications.
If the pass office isn’t working efficiently, it can have severe repercussions on the rest of the airport, affecting timings of construction projects, staff shortages and perhaps most importantly, the passenger experience.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Click here to Subscribe today Login here
Related content from this organisation
- Whitepaper: Aviation Insights – Top 5 tips for introducing new technology into your airport
- Whitepaper: One identity – The digital passenger in the 21st Century
- Whitepaper: Accurate Passenger Journey Measurement – Why it pays to measure (and how to get your CFO interested)
- Whitepaper: A History of Innovation at London’s Gatwick Airport
- Future-proofing airport worker on-boarding to cope with demand
Passenger experience and seamless travel, Terminal operations