ARN to welcome new marketplace in summer 2023
Stockholm Arlanda Airport has announced the first phase of a new marketplace and modern security checkpoint, to open in summer 2023.
The new Marketplace at Stockholm Arlanda Airport. Photo credit: Tengboms
The new Stockholm Arlanda (ARN) is taking shape. A number of shops will be ready to open next summer when the first phase of the new marketplace is completed, along with a new modern security checkpoint. Retailers including a number of well-known Swedish brands will move in, and there will also be a brand-new gift concept, with a focus on Nordic products. Shops for outdoor life, electronics and much more will open, while the tax-free shop will have brand-new larger premises.
The development of the new Stockholm Arlanda is under way. A large-scale security checkpoint with state-of-the-art technology is being built in Terminal 5, which will make things easier for passengers. Right next door, the new Marketplace is being created – the largest commercial investment ever at Stockholm Arlanda. The Marketplace will feature Nordic design and have a total of 11,000m2 of commercial space. The first of three phases will open in the summer of 2023, and the whole marketplace will be completed by the end of 2024/beginning of 2025.
“Part of our commercial strategy for the public tendering of new shops for the marketplace has been to create good opportunities for shopping, whether it is planned or more spontaneous in nature. A varied offering and a broad range of prices that appeal to different customer groups have been important aspects,” said Charlotte Ljunggren, Chief Marketing Officer at Swedavia and Acting Airport Director at Stockholm Arlanda Airport.
The public tendering process for the first shops moving in at Stockholm Arlanda and the new marketplace has now been completed. Among the newcomers are many Swedish brands such as GANT and J. Lindeberg. The Sweshop concept is also a new feature, with its exciting shops for gifts and an assortment that pays tribute to Nordic handcrafts, culture and heritage.
”People have expressed a desire for more Nordic, Swedish and local goods to buy as gifts, and that is one of many things we are pleased that we will now be able to offer,” added Ljunggren.
Here are some of the shops that will open in the Marketplace in Terminal 5:
Phase 1, summer 2023
Stockholm Duty Free
- Immediately after the new security checkpoint, passengers will step into the new tax-free shop. It will be a modern shop featuring Nordic design in a space covering 2,000m2
- In Sweshop’s souvenir outlet, passengers will find gifts, souvenirs and food. Sweshop will also have a large Dalecarlian horse in its shops, which will change in style and colour depending on the season. It is hoped that the Dalecarlian horse will attract tourists and Swedish travellers for an Instagram moment. Along with two shops in the Marketplace, Sweshop will also have an outlet in SkyCity at Stockholm Arlanda and at Göteborg Landvetter Airport (GOT)
- Pocketshop has long operated at both Stockholm Arlanda and Göteborg Landvetter, but it will open two brand-new outlets in the marketplace
- The electronics retailer, which sells the latest products from the biggest brands, will open three shops at Stockholm Arlanda, one of which will be in the marketplace, as well as a shop at Göteborg Landvetter Airport
Kronan (Apotek) pharmacy
- Apotek currently has an outlet in SkyCity with a full range of items, including prescription drugs, but will now also open a shop in the Marketplace with a focus on pharmaceutical products for health and wellbeing as well as travel-related items
Phase 2, late 2023
World of Toys
The toy shop at Stockholm Arlanda will open another outlet in the marketplace, which will also sell children’s clothing. Passengers will be able to buy everything from toys to different brands of children’s clothing
Sweshop, outlet 2
Pocketshop, outlet 2
Phase 3, end of 2024/beginning of 2025
Aera Fashion Multibrand
- Airport Fashion Group will open new shops in the Marketplace. Their Multibrand Fashion Store will be divided up so that passengers will find fashions for both men and women
- The Swedish brand GANT will open a shop in the marketplace, where the focus will be on the latest in fashion
- Fashion-conscious shoppers will find clothes and accessories from this Swedish brand in the marketplace
Aera outdoor leisure fashion
- When Aera opens its doors in the marketplace, it will offer a wide range of outdoor clothing for active people.