Case study: JFK Airport and Veovo Speed up Checkpoints and Ease Passengers’ Minds
New York’s busiest airport is streamlining operations and easing passengers’ minds with the Veovo Guest Predictability solution.
Increasing passenger numbers and expectations
Few airports compare to New York’s John F Kennedy International Airport. It’s the USA’s busiest international entry and exit point, and during 2017, nearly 60 million people passed through its six passenger terminals.
Moreover, traveller expectations are growing just as rapidly – tolerance for bottlenecks and slow-moving lines is getting ever lower, and the demand for real-time solutions ever higher. Travellers want a stress-free transit through the airport, while regulators expect security wait time service level agreements to be stringently adhered to, and airlines rely on airport processing to ensure on-time departure of their flights.
In 2015, Terminal 4 was much like all the other terminals – crowded with passengers, busy 24/7, with the tension and stress of national and international travel hovering in the air like a fog. Keen to improve the situation, airport operations began to explore opportunities for a way to ease the stress on passengers, speed up their lines, reduce queue build-up and help passengers get a realistic view on how long they could expect to wait at various processes.
The rest of this case study is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Standing in line a nightmare? Here’s how airports fix that
- Grappling with gridlock: Can data help overcome airport traffic congestion?
- Belfast Airport employs new solutions to optimise airport operations
- Top five airport trends to boost airport aeronautical revenues
- Moving into a new age of airport gate management