Improving the Passenger Experience with Passenger Flow Management
For many, the most stressful part of air travel is the waiting at the airport. Crowded terminals and longer queues and wait times for check-in, security, customs, baggage claim, and even taxi queues quickly turn anxious travelers into frustrated passengers.
With global air traffic on the rise—the International Air Traffic Association estimates the current volume will double by 2035—airports are scrambling to deliver high quality service and an exceptional experience to ensure travelers choose them instead of a competitor airport.
Many airports have implemented a Passenger Flow Measurement or Queue Measurement System (QMS) to track and quantify the number of passengers waiting in line and for how long. Some airports are even using this data to display estimated wait times and keep passengers calm. Unfortunately, measurement systems alone aren’t enough to make an airport efficient and responsive to passenger needs.
This white paper discusses the shortcomings for those who rely solely on measurement technology and reveals how a Passenger Flow Management approach can help airports optimise wait times, reduce overhead, maximise revenue, and improve the overall passenger experience. It also highlights sensor technologies that can be implemented to further understand passenger volume and activity and improve the passenger experience.
The rest of this content is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Enhancing airport resilience and runway capacity with Intelligent Approach
- Schiphol airport to adopt Intelligent Approach system
- Pioneering the advancement of air traffic management in the Asia Pacific
- NAV CANADA to install time-based spacing system at Toronto
- NAV CANADA is set to install time-based spacing system at Toronto