Enhancing airport resilience and runway capacity with Intelligent Approach
As demand for air travel grows it becomes essential for airports to enhance resilience and runway capacity.
NATS, the UK’s leading air navigation services provider and Leidos, a leading technology provider, developed a ground-breaking airport solution called Intelligent Approach.
With Intelligent Approach, air traffic controllers around the world have the tools to safely optimise arrival spacing in all conditions and for all runway configurations, delivering capacity, safety and resilience benefits without the need for expensive changes to ground infrastructure. As demand for air travel grows it becomes essential for airports to leverage proven innovations to drive improved capacity, to do it quickly when capacity is constrained, and safely during disruptive conditions.
Intelligent Approach is operational at Heathrow Airport and designed to meet the needs of large and complex airport operations, or airports that simply need to increase the productivity of their runways. It has been designed in a modular way so that it can integrate with existing ATM systems allowing fast operational and financial benefits.IA-flyer
Related content from this organisation
- Enhancing airport resilience and runway capacity with Intelligent Approach
- Schiphol airport to adopt Intelligent Approach system
- Pioneering the advancement of air traffic management in the Asia Pacific
- NAV CANADA to install time-based spacing system at Toronto
- NAV CANADA is set to install time-based spacing system at Toronto