Why you should be measuring the flow of passengers through your Airport
Find out how measuring passenger flow can help an airport increase operational efficiencies, maximise retail revenues, improve passenger experience and increase security effectiveness…
Air travel and the aviation industry are changing. Worldwide passenger numbers are predicted to double to 5.9 billion by 2030 and economic activity supported by aviation is forecast to more than triple to $6.9 trillion. As airports set out their plans for expansion in order to meet rising passenger numbers and to capitalise on the growing retail opportunity this presents, competition within the industry is fierce.
Against this backdrop, passengers are becoming increasingly savvy. As well as looking for the best possible service and deals from airlines, they are looking for a faster, simpler and more personalised service from airports. With over 20 international airports in the UK alone, passengers are able to shop around and make choices about which airport best suits their needs.
This puts greater pressure on Airports to get to know their passengers and how they use their airport. It also puts pressure on Airports to deliver outstanding passenger service and a key part of this is reducing or eliminating queues.
Four often cited key objectives for modern airports are:
- Increase operational efficiencies
- Maximise retail revenues
- Improve passenger experience
- Increase security effectiveness
So, how does measuring passenger flow help an Airport achieve these four key objectives?
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Whitepaper: Aviation Insights – Top 5 tips for introducing new technology into your airport
- Whitepaper: One identity – The digital passenger in the 21st Century
- Whitepaper: Accurate Passenger Journey Measurement – Why it pays to measure (and how to get your CFO interested)
- Whitepaper: A History of Innovation at London’s Gatwick Airport
- Future-proofing airport worker on-boarding to cope with demand