Consultation to discuss safer use of drones across the UK
Baroness Sugg said the Government is holding this drone consultation to ensure the potential of drones is harnessed by the UK, whilst appropriately addressing the risks
SAFER SKIES: consultation will decide if the laws for drone use need a revamp.
- the minimum age requirements for the operation of drones.
- the 1km flight restriction around protected aerodromes, and whether this is sufficient.
- a proposal to mandate and regulate a Flight Information and Notification System (FINS) or just regulate the FINS
- the powers required by enforcement bodies in order to properly police drone use and penalise incorrect use, including the possible use of fixed penalty notices
- counter drone technology system proposals