HKIA enhances preventive health measures as transfer services resume
Comprehensive measures have been put in place to ensure a smooth resumption of transfer/transit services without comprising safety.
All passengers – including departing, arriving and transfer/transit passengers – and airport staff are required to wear face masks in all passenger accessible areas of HKIA’s restricted area until further notice.
Other preventive measures include:
- All transfer/transit and arriving passengers must undergo body temperature screening upon arrival
- Transfer/transit passengers are requested to go directly to the boarding gates for their connecting flights immediately
- Transfer/transit passengers are given stickers at transfer points for identification purpose
- Passengers are reminded to keep a safe physical distance of at least 1.5m from each other when standing in queues
- Alcohol-based hand rub dispensers and sanitising floor mats are available at each arrival gate and throughout the entire terminal
- Cleaning and disinfection of the boarding gate area and airbridge are carried out after each arriving flight
- Protective screens are installed at service counters, including airline check-in counters and customer services centres
- Designated dining areas are set up for transfer/transit passengers.
Measures for airport staff include temperature check upon entering the terminal and frontline staff are provided with personal protective equipment and disinfection supplies.
A daily briefing occurs to remind staff on the protective measures and COVID-19 tests are provided by the Department of Health for airport staff.
Vivian Cheung, Executive Director, Airport Operations of the AAHK, said: “On the basis of protecting health and safety of passengers and airport staff as our top priority, it is of paramount importance for HKIA as a major international aviation hub to resume transfer/transit services. We have been working closely with the government, airlines and our business partners to put in place a set of comprehensive measures to ensure a smooth resumption of transfer/transit services and a safe end-to-end journey for passengers.”