New gate-side airport lounge concept opens at Brisbane Airport
Passengers at Brisbane Airport can now enjoy a new lounge experience in a bid to increase the seamless nature of travel through the airport.
Brisbane Airport has opened an airport lounge airside in the terminal in partnership with British airport lounge operator No1 Lounges and airline partner Virgin Australia.
The innovative experience – Home of Virgin Australia boasts a unique social lounging experience and is the closest lounge situated by the departure gates in the airport. Guests can walk from the lounge to most departure gates in just five minutes.
The lounge is designed to provide the airline’s guests with a unique co-branded experience. Complimentary and guaranteed access to the lounge will be available to all eligible Virgin Australia Business Class guests, and Platinum and Gold members of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Program, as well as Virgin Australia Lounge Members travelling to New Zealand.
Checked-in passengers from other airlines will also be permitted to use the lounge on a pay-per-use basis. Guests can pre-book access online or in-person on the day of travel, for $60 and $70 respectively.
The space offers a selection of comfy sofas and an eclectic mix of seating areas, unrivalled runway views and unlimited Wi-Fi, as well as television, newspapers, glossy magazines and charging points as standard. Guests will also enjoy delicious, locally sourced hot and cold dishes from an all-day grazing counter, barista-made coffees and self-serve drinks and DIY cocktails – including the ‘flamingo’, an exclusive signature aperitif presented by Virgin Australia – from a stylish island bar.
Key facts and figures
Total size – 332 m2
Total capacity – 108 seats
Price (Online / On the day) – Adults: $60 / $70 – Children: $30 / $35 (aged 2-11, infants free)
Opening times – 05:00 – 22:00
Location – Located airside, close to gate 77
- Kitchen counter serving a delicious hot & cold grazing menu, celebrating both local produce and cuisines from around the world
- Curated wine list, sparkling wines and cocktail station – Barista-made coffee, tea and soft drinks
- Bar, lounge area and TV and games room
- Glossy magazines and national newspapers available to take onboard
- Unlimited Wi-Fi and charging points
- Shower facilities, luxe toiletries, fluffy towel and hair dryers
- Runway views
- Conveniently located close to the departure gates.