Seamless Travel In-Depth Focus 2017
To make seamless travel a reality, it is important for airports to collect, manage and share key real-time information about the passenger journey and about their own key assets such as security checkpoints and staff…
- Dublin Airport: Going beyond to deliver a seamless travel experience
Dublin Airport is seeing a continued positive trend in passenger numbers. John Seely, the airport’s Technology Projects Manager, explains here that creating a seamless and enjoyable travel experience is at the heart of everything the airport concentrates on for its customers.
- Morphing emerging tech into seamless travel experiences
Brian Cobb, Vice President of Customer Experience at Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG), explores how the airport is integrating non-traditional tech into the aviation ecosystem.
- One ID: Preparing for end-to-end seamless travel across borders
Seamless passenger flow is a hot topic in passenger facilitation and although the industry has started to develop and implement this, preparation for the next phase cannot wait; a digital identity to be used globally. Here Annet Steenbergen, Chair of IATA’s Passenger Facilitation Working Group, aims to set out a possible blueprint for secure and efficient global cooperation between airport stakeholders.
This Seamless Travel In-Depth Focus is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!