Video: New Skiddometer BV11 friction tester vehicle
The Skiddometer BV11 VI (vehicle integration) is the latest innovation in friction measurement.
The Skiddometer BV11VI (vehicle integration) is the latest innovation in friction measurement. Its proven measuring technology has been adapted to use an electric lift system with the Skiddometer BV11 and the Skiddometer touchscreen computer, to provide seamless vehicle integration.
This new simple patent-pending construction allows the Skiddometer unit to be installed easily on almost any brand of pickup truck available on the market without major modifications to the vehicle itself. Even with the seamless integration to the vehicle, the vehicle systems stay untouched keeping the OEM warranty valid.
Friction measurement can safely take place during the worst possible weather conditions, and now any vehicle can be used to perform the measurement, including safe four-wheel drives designed for such conditions. Also, the ground clearance from measuring the wheel is high which allows regular driving with the vehicle. The cabin can be selected to fit five persons which eases transport and training. Besides the operational measures, the Skiddometer BV11VI can be equipped with a self-wetting system for maintenance measures for checking the surface structure and rubber build-up.
What you get:
1. Unbeatable technology
- Well-proven Skiddometer BV11 and the Skiddometer touchscreen computer
- One electric actuator and independent reference wheels allows installation on almost any pickup truck
- No major modifications needed to the vehicle, can be transferred from vehicle to vehicle
- Quick release for Skiddometer system to remove the system for maintenance or periods when not needed
- Seamlessly integrated self-wetting system with electrical water pump
- ICAO, EASA and FAA listed unit.
2. Improved safety
- A four-wheel drive provides more efficiency and safety for the operator
- Worst possible conditions will not compromise operation or safety
- High ground clearance from the measuring wheel prevents unwanted impacts
- Good visibility from the cabin and safe pick-up vehicles
- Ensure that the flight control and pilots have the correct friction information for landing and take off (enough runway to make the aircraft come to a complete stop before the runway ends).
3. Better economy and environmental friendliness
- Long lifecycle, environmentally-friendly material selections, no hydraulics and the possibility for electrical vehicles increases the environmental friendliness
- Utilisation of rental, existing and electric vehicles is possible
- Precise information on when to take necessary actions to remove snow and ice
- Precise information on the surface structure of the runway and whether it needs to be improved
- Large water tanks up to 2,000 litres reduces refilling time between measures.