VINCI acquires 50.01% of Edinburgh Airport

Posted: 26 June 2024 | | No comments yet

VINCI Airports, a subsidiary of VINCI Concessions, have finalised their acquisition of 50.01% of Edinburgh Airport.

vinci airports edinburgh

VINCI Airports, a subsidiary of VINCI Concessions, has concluded the acquisition of a majority shareholding in Edinburgh Airport. They now own 50.01%. They will now work alongside Global Infrastructure (GIP), which manages the remaining 49.99%. This is a similar model to London Gatwick Airport.

VINCI Airports are a private airport operator, part of the larger VINCI Concessions. They manage over seventy airports in fourteen different countries, now including Edinburgh Airport. VINCI Airports are committed to developing airports within a long-term vision, ensuring they are part of a sustainable and economic engine in each of their regions.

Edinburgh Airport is a premier infrastructure asset: the largest airport in Scotland and the sixth airport in the United Kingdom with traffic back to pre-Covid levels. Its growth potential is being driven in particular by the development of long-distance segments. After Belfast International and London Gatwick, VINCI Airports now owns three freehold airports in the United Kingdom.

Send this to a friend