AOA Annual Conference
Date: 28 November 2019 - 29 November 2019
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7799 3171
The AOA Annual Conference is the UK’s leading aviation forum. Attended by key players in the airports sector, this year it will feature agenda-setting debates on market disruption, climate change and climate adaptation, UK connectivity, infrastructure investment and the state of the UK political scene.
Last year nearly a quarter of the audience was at the C-Suite level and over 20 UK airport CEOs and MDs were welcomed.
This year’s theme is “Airports for a Changing World”. Agenda highlights include:
- The Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP, the new Secretary of State for Transport, will deliver the keynote speech
- Professor Penelope Endersby, CEO of the Met Office, will lead a panel discussion on how airports can best adapt to climate change
- David Stanton, MD of Ontario Airports Investments (OAIL), will feature in a panel on infrastructure investments. OAIL wholly owns, or has significant ownership stakes in, Birmingham, Brussels, Bristol, Copenhagen and London City airports.
- Insight on the broader UK economic picture will be provided by Dr Adam Marshall, Director-General of the British Chambers of Commerce
- Proceedings will be moderated by award-winning broadcaster Mishal Husain
- The conference will be rounded off by an interview with Shai Wiess, CEO of Virgin Atlantic.
You can find out more about the speakers, attending organisations and the agenda here: www.aoaconference2019.com
The conference is a two-day event (28-29 November) and includes a dinner on the evening of day 1. The AOA Awards, which recognise excellence in the UK airports sector, will be presented at the dinner.