CANSO ATM Dinner & Jane’s ATC Awards 2011 “Social Event of the Year” for ATM Industry
Posted: 3 February 2011 | CANSO | No comments yet
CANSO announced its ATM Dinner, on 7 March in Amsterdam is set to be the “social event of the year” for the ATM industry…
CANSO has announced that its ATM Dinner, in association with Jane’s ATC Awards, on 7 March in Amsterdam is set to be the “social event of the year” for the ATM industry.
“This year’s ATM Dinner will be bigger and better than ever,” said CANSO Director General Graham Lake. “Taking place the night before ATC Global, the event offers a rare opportunity for the world’s ATM leaders to get together and enjoy a spectacular evening of good food and top quality entertainment, while taking advantage of the unrivalled networking opportunities than only CANSO has to offer.”
“On top of all this,” explained Mr. Lake, “we have a number of special events that will make the evening even more memorable. For the first time ever, we have teamed up with Jane’s Airport Review to host the renowned Jane’s ATC Awards Ceremony 2011, and I am delighted that 20 CANSO Members have been nominated for awards this year.
It will also be our pleasure to welcome representatives from Australia, India, South Africa, and the United Arab Emirates for a special signing of the Indian Ocean Strategic Partnership to Reduce Emissions (INSPIRE) agreement.”
“Set against the backdrop of one of Amsterdam’s finest venues,” he added, “the CANSO ATM Dinner, in association with Jane’s ATC Awards 2011, promises to be the social event of the year for the ATM industry and I invite all members of the ATM community to join us for an unforgettable evening.”
The Jane’s ATC Awards 2011 includes several new categories to recognise efforts in improving runway safety, and to reward work in the development of decision-critical
controller tools. As with previous years, the categories will also highlight developments towards safer, greener and more efficient airspace management. The 2011 categories are:
- Environment – to recognise work on ‘green’ air traffic management concepts
- Enabling Technology – for contribution to enhanced capacity and safety
- Service Provision – for contribution to safe and efficient airspace management
- Industry – reflecting a significant contribution by equipment suppliers
- Innovation – for small enterprises that have raised ATM performance
- Contribution to European ATM – for enhanced European operations
- Runway Safety – a new award category that recognises efforts to improve safety on or near the runway and
- Human Factors – another new category to acknowledge the development of advanced human-machine interfaces and decision-critical equipment
The CANSO ATM Dinner, in association with Jane’s ATC Awards 2011, will be held on 7 March at the NH Grand Krasnapolsky hotel in Amsterdam. For more information, or to book a table or individual place, visit the event website. Spaces are limited, and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.