Egis wins major design & build contract at Oran Es-Senia Airport, Algeria
Posted: 4 May 2010 | Egis | No comments yet
Egis now conducts a new project at Oran Es-Senia Airport in Algeria…
As the new specific terminal designed to accommodate delegates of the 16th Conference on Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG16) has been successfully achieved, Egis now conducts a new project at Oran Es-Senia Airport in Algeria.
The contract awarded by Etablissement de Gestion des Services Aéroportuaires (EGSA-Oran) includes:
- project management for the design of a new international airport terminal;
- refurbishment of the equipments of the airport’s existing passenger and cargo terminal areas.
The project has been assigned to a team of experts within Egis Avia, who is in charge of:
- conducting a feasibility study and a strategic plan to prepare the ground for sustainable and harmonious development of the airport;
- providing architectural design and execution plan of the designated buildings as well as construction works supervision;
- ensuring training sessions of EGSA operational staff to properly run the new equipments and facilities.
Oran Airport existing terminal infrastructure had been designed to handle a maximum of 800,000 passengers per year. Over the recent years, they had been showing evidence of shortage of space and capacity. The project will thus enable to re-dimension and refurbish the current facilities in order to properly accommodate traffic increases over the next 15 years.
The creation of a brand new terminal along with the modernisation of existing facilities will raise the standards and quality of Oran Es-Senia Airport to international levels, in compliance with prevailing regulation in terms of safety, security and environment.
The airport’s capacity will hence be significantly extended to service up to 2 million passengers by 2025.