Orlando Airport reports increase in summer travel
Posted: 3 October 2014 | Greater Orlando Aviation Authority | No comments yet
Orlando proved to be a popular destination this summer as both domestic and international traffic increased nearly 4.2 percent at Orlando International Airport (MCO) in August….
Orlando Airport Interior (Copyright Songquan Deng / Shutterstock.com)
Orlando proved to be a popular destination this summer as both domestic and international traffic increased nearly 4.2 percent at Orlando International Airport (MCO) in August.
“The report of strong summer travel was good news,” says Frank Kruppenbacher, Chairman of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. “International traffic numbers rose by double-digits each month in June, July and August which means nearly 1.2 million international passengers have traveled through Orlando International during the summer.”
The increases in both domestic and international traffic can be easily traced to increased seat capacity to this market of more than 41 thousand from air carriers including United, Frontier, Thomas Cook, jetBlue and Virgin Atlantic.
August Statistical Data
- International traffic climbed 17.57 percent in August with 425,315 passengers
- Domestic traffic increased 2.27 percent for the month with a total of 2,600,680 travelers
- Combined overall traffic was up 4.18 percent for August with 3,025,995 passengers at MCO
- Year-to-date traffic has increased 1.57 percent with 24,396, 121 passengers moving through Orlando International
- Operations at Orlando Executive Airport also climbed by double-digits in August up 11.48 percent