Second straight month of double-digit international growth at Orlando International Airport in June
Posted: 4 August 2014 | Orlando International Airport | No comments yet
International traffic growth continues to lead the way at Orlando International Airport…
International traffic growth continues to lead the way at Orlando International Airport (MCO). For June international passenger traffic increased12.25 percent over the same time last year. For the first six months of the year international travel is up nearly 5 percent when compared to the same period in 2013.
Steady domestic numbers in June can be attributed in part to Frontier Airways starting six-day-a-week service to Cleveland, Silver Airways beginning double daily service to Key West and Southwest starting daily service to San Diego.Another contributor to the overall total was the opening of Universal Orlando’s Harry Potter, Diagon Alley exhibit.
The best way to describe overall passenger traffic for the first six months of 2014 at MCOisstable.Both domestic and international traffic figures are positive.
June Statistical Data
- International traffic increased12.25 percent with 331,172 passengers
- Domestic traffic was down a fraction.10 percent with 2,711,970 total passengers
- Overall traffic was up 1.11 percent for the month of June with 3,043,142 total travelers at MCO
Mid-Year Statistical Data
- International traffic is up 4.94 percent with 2,105,970 international passengers
- Domestic travel was up .30 percent with 16,073,448passengers
- Overall traffic was stable, up.82 percent with a total of 18,179,418 travelers at Orlando International for the first six months of 2014