First quarter 2014 traffic remains stable at Orlando International Airport
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Posted: 14 May 2014 | Orlando International Airport | No comments yet
The first three months of 2014 have been virtually unchanged from last year. January through March saw a slight increase of .07 percent over the previous year…
The first three months of 2014 have been virtually unchanged from last year. January through March saw a slight increase of .07 percent over the previous year.
First Quarter 2014 Statistical Data
- Domestic traffic is up .33 percent with 7,957,494 passengers
- International traffic is down 1.96 percent with 1,026,853 total passengers
- Overall traffic is up .07 percent with 8,984,347 passengers at Orlando International Airport
March Statistical Data
- Domestic traffic was down 1.08 percent with 3,021,539 passengers in March
- International traffic was down 6.54 percent with a total of 365,144 travelers
- Overall traffic was down 1.7 percent for the month with 3,386,683 passengers in the terminal
Reflecting the continued seasonal nature of many airlines peak travel periods, some airlines at Orlando International are implementing more service for the upcoming vacation Spring / Summer travel period.
Statistically Orlando International Airport is in line with national trends. For the first quarter of 2014 the Bureau of Economic Analysis says that the overall U.S. economy has been flat due in part to unusually harsh winter weather across the nation which impacted retail sales, hotels and restaurants.