Stansted most punctual airport in Europe, third most punctual in the world
Publication date: 6 December 2011
London Stansted is the third most punctual airport for departing flights in the world according to the latest figures.
FlightStats, an online flight tracking and airport information service, found that over 88 percent of scheduled flights departed on time from London’s third busiest airport during November, outperforming all other European airports for punctuality. Tokyo’s Haneda Airport topped the global table, with US airport Minneapolis-St Paul in second.
Stansted Airport’s Managing Director, Nick Barton, said:
“This is excellent news for the airport and more importantly our passengers. It’s thanks to the help and support of our airlines, handling agents and business partners that passengers flying from Stansted are most likely to take off on-time than any other European airport.
“Stansted is firmly established as a world leader at serving the low-cost airline sector that has transformed air travel. We have a route network that stretches to around 150 destinations with Stansted offering more direct scheduled European flights than any other airport in the world.”
The airport has won several notable international awards this year, including the Skytrax ‘world’s best low-cost airport’ award, the ‘Air Cargo Award of Excellence’ in April, and the UK’s best cleaned transport premises at the Golden Service Awards in November.
If you enjoyed this article sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter:
- Christine Oumières elected as vice president of ERA (9 December 2013)
- NATS welcomes calls for inquiry into resilience of UK airspace (9 December 2013)
- Fraport and Northern Capital Gateway start operations at Pulkovo Airport’s new terminal in St. Petersburg (5 December 2013)
- London Gatwick welcomes Government funding for the redevelopment of Gatwick Rail Station (4 December 2013)
- Stansted launches business campaign to support long-haul development (4 December 2013)
ADB Airfield Solutions | AirDAT | Airport 20/20 | ARINC | Bosch Security Systems | Champion Door | Concessionaire Analyzer+ | Findlay Irvine Ltd | Guntermann & Drunck GmbH | Herbert Systems Ltd | Imtradex | Lyngsoe Systems | Meyertech Ltd | NEPEAN Transport Equipment – BLISS-FOX Aircraft Tractors | Snowflake Software | Systems Interface Ltd |