Bristol Airport anticipates over 900,000 passengers in August 2022
Bristol Airport anticipates over 900,000 passengers total to travel through the airport for the month of August 2022.
The busiest days for the airport this month (August 2022) will be 25-26 August 2022 when approximately 32,000 passengers a day will fly in and out of the airport before the August Bank Holiday (26-29 August 2022). The top destinations for customers this month include Palma (PMI), Alicante, (ALC) and Dublin (DUB).
During the busy summer period, passengers are advised to prepare and plan ahead:
- Check-in online
- Arrive in the terminal a minimum of two hours prior to their scheduled departure time
- Jet2, TUI, and easyJet customers can check in their bags the evening before their morning flight – with free parking in our Short Stay car park provided.
Getting ready for security speeds up the journey through the terminal. Bristol Airport (BRS) recommends:
- Have your boarding card ready
- Remove laptops, tablets, and other large electrical devices
- Remove liquids and place them in transparent, re-sealable plastic bags
- Empty your pockets into the trays provided
- Take off your jackets, coats, and belts.
Graeme Gamble, COO, Bristol Airport said: “We have already seen a strong increase in passenger numbers over the past few months and we are rapidly approaching pre-pandemic passenger levels. With Bristol Airport seeing the fastest recovery of any UK airport, the strong demand for travel demonstrates the continued customer confidence in travelling abroad.
“Whilst the airport has seen some challenges over the past few months, the Bristol Airport team and business partners have been working hard to ensure customers have as smooth and easy a journey through our terminal as possible. This includes recruiting hundreds of people and we have held a series of jobs fairs. In addition, non-operational colleagues have been in the operation every week, working shifts to support our frontline teams. We’ve put in place surge teams so that additional resource can be deployed where it’s needed at short notice. We also work very closely with our airlines to ensure all our business partners are up to date with the latest schedules. We continue to advise all customers to arrive at check-in at least a minimum of two hours prior to their scheduled departure time and to be prepared before arriving at security.”