Delays in July 2012 were 38.4% less than last year’s level
Publication date: 16 August 2012
Tagged with: EUROCONTROL
Despite the increased seasonal traffic, ATC capacity issues and thunderstorms across Europe, delays were significantly less in July 2012 than they were last year. The London Olympics 2012 started on 27 July and had no major network impact. Nevertheless, traffic decreased by 1.25% compared with July 2011.
There has been consistent good network performance since early April, so the Year-to-Date en-route delay as of July (0.67 min/flt) is lower than the guideline* level (0.71 min/flt) for this time of year.
To see how Europe’s ATM Network is performing, click here!
If you enjoyed this article sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter:
- Christine Oumières elected as vice president of ERA (9 December 2013)
- NATS welcomes calls for inquiry into resilience of UK airspace (9 December 2013)
- Fraport and Northern Capital Gateway start operations at Pulkovo Airport’s new terminal in St. Petersburg (5 December 2013)
- London Gatwick welcomes Government funding for the redevelopment of Gatwick Rail Station (4 December 2013)
- Stansted launches business campaign to support long-haul development (4 December 2013)
ADB Airfield Solutions | AirDAT | Airport 20/20 | ARINC | Bosch Security Systems | Champion Door | Concessionaire Analyzer+ | Findlay Irvine Ltd | Guntermann & Drunck GmbH | Herbert Systems Ltd | Imtradex | Lyngsoe Systems | Meyertech Ltd | NEPEAN Transport Equipment – BLISS-FOX Aircraft Tractors | Snowflake Software | Systems Interface Ltd |