Vienna Airport: 7.1% increase in passengers during June 2012
Publication date: 10 July 2012
Author: Vienna Airport
Tagged with: Vienna Airport
The number of passengers handled by Vienna Airport rose 7.1% year-on-year to 2,062,155 in June 2012.
Flight movements and maximum take-off weight (MTOW) increased 2.2% and 0.9%, respectively, while cargo turnover declined 1.9%. The number of transfer passengers was 14.9% higher than in June 2011, and the number of local passengers rose by 3.6% during this same period.
Passenger traffic to Eastern Europe increased 17.3% in comparison with June of the previous year. The number of passengers travelling to Western Europe rose by 5.1%, and the Middle East recorded growth of 14.4% during June 2012.
If you enjoyed this article sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter:
- Neil Pakey appointed Chief Executive of Shannon Airport Authority plc (21 May 2013)
- PAI to support ADB’s growth as it strengthens leadership in airfield technology solutions (21 May 2013)
- HKIA sees growth in all traffic categories in April (19 May 2013)
- London Gatwick calls on Airports Commission to promote competition, improve rail services and focus on resilience (16 May 2013)
- Detroit Metropolitan Airport expands free Wi-Fi (15 May 2013)
ADB Airfield Solutions | AirDAT | Airport 20/20 | ARINC | Bosch Security Systems | Champion Door | Concessionaire Analyzer+ | CONRAC GmbH | Findlay Irvine Ltd | Guntermann & Drunck GmbH | Herbert Systems Ltd | ICM Airport Technics GmbH | Imtradex | L-3 Security & Detection Systems | Lyngsoe Systems | Meyertech Ltd | NEPEAN Transport Equipment – BLISS-FOX Aircraft Tractors | ServiceTec Airport Services International | Snowflake Software | Systems Interface Ltd | TONI Bird Control Solutions GmbH & Co. KG | UFA, Inc. | Vaisala |