Vienna Airport: plus 4.2% passengers in May 2012
Publication date: 12 June 2012
Tagged with: Vienna Airport
The number of passengers handled by Vienna Airport rose by 4.2% year-on-year to 1,985,053 in May 2012.
Flight movements and maximum take-off (MTOW) weight declined 0.2% and 0.8%, respectively, while cargo turnover was 8.5% lower. The number of transfer passengers rose by 9.4% in May 2012 compared with the same month of the previous year.
The number of passengers travelling to Eastern Europe increased 14.5% in comparison with May 2011, while passenger traffic to Western Europe rose by 0.9%. The Middle East recorded growth of 18.7% in passenger traffic during May 2012.
If you enjoyed this article sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter:
- Neil Pakey appointed Chief Executive of Shannon Airport Authority plc (21 May 2013)
- PAI to support ADB’s growth as it strengthens leadership in airfield technology solutions (21 May 2013)
- HKIA sees growth in all traffic categories in April (19 May 2013)
- London Gatwick calls on Airports Commission to promote competition, improve rail services and focus on resilience (16 May 2013)
- Detroit Metropolitan Airport expands free Wi-Fi (15 May 2013)
ADB Airfield Solutions | AirDAT | Airport 20/20 | ARINC | Bosch Security Systems | Champion Door | Concessionaire Analyzer+ | CONRAC GmbH | Findlay Irvine Ltd | Guntermann & Drunck GmbH | Herbert Systems Ltd | ICM Airport Technics GmbH | Imtradex | L-3 Security & Detection Systems | Lyngsoe Systems | Meyertech Ltd | NEPEAN Transport Equipment – BLISS-FOX Aircraft Tractors | ServiceTec Airport Services International | Snowflake Software | Systems Interface Ltd | TONI Bird Control Solutions GmbH & Co. KG | UFA, Inc. | Vaisala |