Denver International Airport reports April, May and June traffic
Publication date: 10 August 2011
Author: Denver International Airport
Passenger traffic at Denver International Airport (DEN) has continued to move in the right direction for the first half of 2011. Year-to-date passenger traffic through June 2011 was 25,621,310 travelers, an increase of 641,479, or 2.6 percent more than the same six-month period last year.
In June 2011, a total of 4,863,158 passengers were recorded at DEN, a 1.5 percent increase from the 4,790,182 travelers who used the airport during the same month last year. Flight operations in June increased 2.9 percent from 54,385 in 2010, to 55,953 in 2011. Cargo also increased in June by 7.5 percent with 47,080,199 pounds of total cargo handled compared to 43,775,263 pounds during the same month last year.
In addition to June’s passenger traffic statistics, the full reports for April and May are now online as well and the month-over-month summary is as follows:
- In April 2011, there were 4,122,932 passengers, an increase of 45,099 or 1.1 percent more than April 2010.
- In May 2011, there were 4,536,566 passengers, an increase of 165,674 or 3.8 percent more than May 2010.
“We have seen an extremely busy spring and summer here at Denver International Airport,” Aviation Manager Kim Day said. “Even though fares are generally up around the industry, Denver remains a very competitive market, which is great for the consumer and great for our business here at the airport. Based on what we’ve seen thus far, It looks like we are on track for another record-breaking year.”
Earlier this year, it was discovered that one of the airlines operating at DEN had inadvertently misreported a portion of its passenger traffic during certain months in 2010 and 2011. As a result, the airport’s passenger traffic is actually higher than first reported in 2011 and is lower than originally reported in 2010. The passenger traffic stated above reflects the corrections, and the revised reports are available online. The following is a summary of the accurate numbers:
- In January 2010, there were 3,723,995 passengers, an increase of 54,316 or 1.5 percent more than January 2009.
- In February 2010, there were 3,567,371 passengers, an increase of 45,753 or 1.3 percent more than February 2009.
- In September 2010, there were 4,317,995 passengers, an increase of 306,872 or 7.7 percent more than September 2009.
- In January 2011, there were 3,928,336 passengers, an increase of 204,341 or 5.5 percent more than January 2010.
- In February 2011, there were 3,666,599 passengers, an increase of 99,228 or 2.8 percent more than February 2010.
- In March 2011, there were 4,503,719 passengers, an increase of 54,161 or 1.2 percent more than March 2010.
- Cargo numbers remain unchanged for 2010 and 2011.
2010 was still a record-breaking year for DEN with nearly 52 million passengers traveling through the facility, making it the busiest in DEN’s history. The correct year-to-date passenger traffic through December 2010 is 51,985,038 (previously reported as 52,209,377) which was an increase of 1,817,553 or 3.6 percent over year-to-date December 2009 total passengers of 50,167,485.
All passenger traffic reports are available on http://business.flydenver.com/stats/traffic/index.asp.
If you enjoyed this article sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter:
- Airlines see slower international freight growth over next five years (11 December 2013)
- Frankfurt Airport Records 3.5 Percent Jump in Both Passenger and Cargo Traffic (11 December 2013)
- Bordeaux Airport, still in growth, crossed the 4 million passenger mark in November (11 December 2013)
- Improvement works announced at Cardiff Airport (11 December 2013)
- Cathay Pacific moves its freighter operations to Al Maktoum International (10 December 2013)
ADB Airfield Solutions | AirDAT | Airport 20/20 | ARINC | Bosch Security Systems | Champion Door | Concessionaire Analyzer+ | Findlay Irvine Ltd | Guntermann & Drunck GmbH | Herbert Systems Ltd | Imtradex | Lyngsoe Systems | Meyertech Ltd | NEPEAN Transport Equipment – BLISS-FOX Aircraft Tractors | Snowflake Software | Systems Interface Ltd |