New President & Vice Presidents for UK Aerospace, Defence & Security Group
Publication date: 19 November 2010
Peter Rogers of Babcock plc elected to lead ambitions of 4 crucial industrial sectors in 2011.
A|D|S, the UK’s AeroSpace, Defence and Security trade organisation – that represents industries that make up over 20 per cent of the UK’s highly successful advanced engineering and manufacturing sectors – is today (Friday) delighted to announce a new team of President and sector Vice Presidents.
The new A|D|S President is Peter Rogers, Chief Executive of Babcock plc. The sector Vice Presidents are as follows:
- Vice President, Aerospace – Marcus Bryson, Chief Executive of GKN Aerospace.
- Vice President, Defence – Dr Sandy Wilson, President and Managing Director of General Dynamics UK
- Vice President, Security – Stephen Phipson CBE, President of Smiths Detection Group Ltd.
- Vice President, Space – Richard Peckham, Business Development Director of EADS Astrium.
Ian Godden, Chairman of A|D|S, said:
“Our four sectors employ over half a million people across the whole country and we are a crucial contributor to the Government’s ambitious plans for the UK to earn its way in the world through strong exports. I am pleased to welcome Peter and his Vice Presidents into their roles to lead more than 900 member companies as we seek to fulfil this ambition and expand their interests in UK target markets in countries such as Brazil, China, India and Russia to complement our successes in North America, Europe and Japan.
“I thank our members for taking part in elections to choose them. A|D|S is fortunate to be able to obtain guidance and direction from such accomplished industry figures. The whole of A|D|S looks forward to working with them during 2011 and beyond to serve our entire membership – regardless of company size – from each of the four sectors that we represent while continuously improving the services that we provide for them.”
These appointments were confirmed by the A|D|S ruling Council today and all will take up their roles for 2011 with effect from 1 January. Further elected appointments to Council for 2011 were also made and these will be communicated in due course.
If you enjoyed this article sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter:
- Airport upgrades passenger check-in and baggage processing (23 May 2013)
- From Lisbon to London Southend – Executive Handling Manager relocates from Portugal to Essex for new role (23 May 2013)
- Neil Pakey appointed Chief Executive of Shannon Airport Authority plc (21 May 2013)
- PAI to support ADB’s growth as it strengthens leadership in airfield technology solutions (21 May 2013)
- HKIA sees growth in all traffic categories in April (19 May 2013)
ADB Airfield Solutions | AirDAT | Airport 20/20 | ARINC | Bosch Security Systems | Champion Door | Concessionaire Analyzer+ | CONRAC GmbH | Findlay Irvine Ltd | Guntermann & Drunck GmbH | Herbert Systems Ltd | ICM Airport Technics GmbH | Imtradex | L-3 Security & Detection Systems | Lyngsoe Systems | Meyertech Ltd | NEPEAN Transport Equipment – BLISS-FOX Aircraft Tractors | ServiceTec Airport Services International | Snowflake Software | Systems Interface Ltd | TONI Bird Control Solutions GmbH & Co. KG | UFA, Inc. | Vaisala |